Chroma SDK Changelog
- 16.8 million colors, countless patterns, dynamic in-game lighting effects—experience full RGB customization and deeper immersion with the world’s largest lighting ecosystem for gaming devices.
- Supporting thousands of devices, and hundreds of games and applications, take it to the next level with advanced features such as Chroma Studio, Visualizer, Connect, and Workshop.
- Fixed an issue where Razer Kraken Kitty is not displaying the correct Chroma effects.
- Fixed an issue where Chroma Visualizer doesn’t show effect on the top row of mousepads with 20 LEDs.
- Improved performance of Chroma effects on Huntsman Elite.
- Fixed an index out-of-bound in the Chroma data that causes devices not to show any lightings.
- Improved handling when the Chroma devices are unplugged from the system.
- Improved handling in the Chroma SDK Webserver when requests are being sent repeatedly and rapidly.
- Improved Nanoleaf handling during callback events.
- Added new initialization routine (InitSDK) for C++;
- Fixed a crash in Chroma SDK server when the request contains UTF-8 characters.
- Fixed an issue where the webserver returns error 400 on some cases.
- Fixed an issue where the webserver returns invalid effect Id on a POST command.
- Fixed an issue where the brightness control doesn’t work properly on Razer Kraken Ultimate effects.
- Fixed a crash in the webserver when a single resource is accessed from multiple sources.
- Fixed an issue where Razer Emote still show effects when the workstation is locked, or the user is logged out.
- Fixed an issue where Razer Kraken Kitty (Quartz and Black) didn’t show the correct default Chroma lighting when the workstation is locked, or the user is logged out.
- Fixed an issue where Chroma SDK and Synapse Chroma Studio effects overlapped each other in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where Philips Hue bulbs stopped working after switching to another Entertainment group.
- Improved Spectrum Cycling effect on Keypads.
- Improved the performance of Chroma effects on Razer Turret Keyboard.
- Added support for more products.
- Fixed an issue where Chroma SDK can be uninstalled when a game is running.
- Fixed an incorrect LED mapping in Razer Huntsman Elite.
- Changed Razer Kraken Kitty to adopt Chroma Link virtual device LED mapping instead of Headsets.
- Fixed an issue where Chroma lighting is not working correctly on Chroma HDK with Chroma Visualizer.
- Fixed an issue where game Chroma effects are not showing correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Chroma effects are still active after closing Synapse.
- Various improvements and performance updates.
- Added new Keyboard (expanded) virtual LEDs to 8 rows by 24 columns.
- Added new Mousepad (expanded) virtual LEDs to 20.
- Added new REST API for creating effects for specific devices.
- Fixed ApexLegend Chroma effects doesn’t work properly when there is another game running.
- Fixed Chroma SDK causes Synapse 3 to crash when the apps/games information is incomplete.
- Changed the private key used for the Chroma SDK REST API server to generate every time during installation.
- Chroma SDK is now part of Synapse’s “CHROMA CONNECT” module. Game effects will only be visible when user is logged in to Synapse 3.
- Added Encryption for PhilipsHue Bridge info
- Fixed touchpad lighting region not sync with mousepad lighting region on Blade 17
- Improved ChromaLink Broadcast event notifications
- Improved Chroma Link Broadcast event notifications.
- Fixed conflicting Chroma SDK and Synapse effects on some conditions
- Fixed conflicting Chroma SDK and Synapse lighting effects on some conditions.
- Added a slight delay between each SetEffect() calls when a group of effect Id is used to set effect through the REST API.
- Fixed not being able to set the HDK as specific and Chroma link device at the same time.
- Fixed Chroma effects not working on Chroma Link
- Fixed issue of lighting effects freezing
- Fixed Blade/Stealth grid misalignment.
- Fixed Ornata, DeathAdder Elite not showing COD effects properly.
- Fixed ManOWar Chroma effects not displaying correctly
- Added support for the the following products
- Blade Stealth 2
- Ornata Chroma
- Fixed cannot create effect on Blackwidow X Chroma keyboard.
- Fixed QueryDevice on Naga Chroma failed even when it is connected.
- Updated Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributable (Update 2)
- Removed the default apps description if the field is empty.
- Fixed Y900 did not revert to Spectrum Cycling after exiting the app.
- Fixed potential Windows security breach in the SDK service.
- Loads the driver when atleast 1 Chroma app is running. Release the drivers when all Chroma apps have been exited.
- Temporary remove ManOWar support.
- Fixed unreleased handles in the SDK Service (Community feedback)
- Added new Keyboard API to support animated and key effects at the same time
- Fixed some basic effects not working for mice (Breathing, Wave, Reactive)
- Fixed Kraken 7.1 Chroma causes the service to crash
- Added support for the following products:
- Added 2 Key layouts for Blade Stealth.
- Remove key location mapping in Blade Stealth.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where devices becomes unresponsive after a Synapse update.
- Added support for the following product:
- Blade Stealth
- Release the app priority control only when ChromaSDK module is unloaded (developer feedback).
- Fixed keyboard effects not being applied when a keyboard is plugged into the system after an app/game was launched.
- Fixed QueryDevice not working on DeathStalker and Diamondback (developer feedback)
- Chroma SDK First release with support to the following products.
- BlackWidow Chroma
- BlackWidow TE Chroma
- DeathAdder Chroma
- DeathStalker Chroma
- Kraken 7.1 Chroma
- Mamba TE Chroma
- Orbweaver Chroma
- Tartarus Chroma
- Virtual grid for Mice custom effects. Refer to SDK documentation.
- Various bug fixes
- Added support for the following products:
- Naga Epic Chroma
- Mamba Chroma
- Naga Chroma
- Overwatch Keyboard
- Fixed DeathAdder custom effects not supported.
- Fixed Mamba wave effect not supported.
- Fixed mice custom effects did not display correctly.
- Fixed DeathStalker custom effects not supported.
- Remove most of the API access limitation. No longer return error related to app priority status.
- Added support for multiple of same device.
- Changed RzSynapse.exe process detection.
- Fixed Keyboards displaying erratic effect when more than 1 keyboards are connected to the system.
- Fixed Blade Tab and Right Shift key LEDs swapped.
- Added support for Kraken 7.1 V2
- Added support for new devices
- Added ChromaLink devices in the emulator
- Updated Chroma SDK sample application to include more effects for ChromaLink devices
- Added additional endpoints for REST API.
- Fixed various issues on REST API.
- Fixed Disabled App not being able to launch
- Changed Blackwidow Chroma v2 to listen to Blackwidow Chroma v1 events
- Changed Kraken 7.1 Chroma v2 to listen to Kraken 7.1 Chroma v1 events
- Changed Blade Stealth v2 to listen to Blade Stealth v1 events.
- Changed Blade R6 to listen to Blade R4 events.
- Fixed erractic Chroma effects behavior in Diablo 3
- Fixed incorrect Naga Chroma effects in Diablo 3
- Added REST interface.
- Added ChromaLink C++ API
- Added support for Lancehead and Lancehead TE